Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Wood Elevator System
|Wood Elevator System|
|Skill Tree||Construction & Mercantilism|
Overview[edit | edit source]
The Wood Elevator System is used to provide vertical transportation to players and animals. It may be manually operated by a player but works more conveniently when an NPC crewperson is assigned to the task.
As with structures such as walls and floors, a single inventory item is used to provide all necessary parts of the elevator system, and the T key is used to cycle between component types.
Construction[edit | edit source]
To set up an elevator system, start by crafting several Wood Elevator System items. One is needed for the lifting platform, one for the crank, and one for each level of elevator travel.
- Place an Elevator Track. Tracks will snap to floors, cliff platforms and existing track pieces.
- When the track is complete, use T to cycle the Wood Elevator System to Wood Elevator Crank and place a crank at either the top or bottom of the track.
- Next, use T to cycle the Wood Elevator System to a Platform and place a platform anywhere on the track.
- Finally, assign an NPC crewperson to the Elevator Crank.
The following image shows a complete and functional Wood Elevator System.
Caveats[edit | edit source]
- NPC crewpersons assigned to the crank are still vulnerable to attack from wild animals.
- Placing the crank at the top of the track will help keep your NPC crewperson safe, but may obstruct the movement of large animals.
- If platforms are partially embedded in the terrain, the platform may not operate!
Usage[edit | edit source]
When complete and with an NPC crewperson assigned, looking at the Elevator Track will show the activation key to go Up or Down, and display the Current Load Weight. The weight includes both the base weights of players and animals and the weight of their inventories. Overloaded elevators will not move.
Without an NPC crewperson assigned, the Elevator Crank must be manually operated by player using the Radial Menu.
The following image highlights the elevator's load weight.