|This article is a work-in-progress.|
The content and format of this page may change drastically over the next few hours or days.
|This article is a stub. You can help ATLAS Wiki by .|
A domesticated animal is called Tame in ATLAS.
See taming for a list of possible animals and how to domesticate them. Also see the species page for even more information.
Levels of Tames[edit | edit source]
A Tame has tree Levels: Wild Level, Tame Level and Total Level.
- Wild Level is the ((Level before Tame)*1,5 rounded up)-1. So the max Wild Level(not Level in the Wild) is (30)*1,5 = 45 -1 = 44.
- Tame Levels are gained when a certain XP threshold was reached, and the therefore gained atribute point was allocated.
- maximum Tame Level is Wild Level +30.
- Total Level: is Wild Level + Tame Level.
- Maximum Total Level is therefore 2*(Wild Level) + 30 (118 for a Level 30 animal before Taming).
Stats of a Tame[edit | edit source]
When an animal is tamed, it will receive values for following variable Stats:
- Melee Damage
- Torpor (?)
It seems the range of the amount is Wild Level dependent, but like Blueprints a RNG (boost factor) is added to each of the Stats.
Other Stats like Damage Mitigration (also Tamed creature resistance) are species specific, but may be boosted in comparision to wild animals.
Skill a Tame[edit | edit source]
XP Gain[edit | edit source]
The Tame will gain XP in ways like:
- Passivly over time (small amount)
- Farming resources
- Killing NPCs
- In range when a treasure chest is dug up (may need to be mounted?).
When a certain XP threshold is reached a new atribute Point is gained. This point can be used to enhance a Stat of the Tame.
Spending atribute points[edit | edit source]
A free atribute point can be used for following Stats:
- Melee Damage
The amount of increase is stated while hover above the Stat. The value is not always fully applied, this needs further testing.
Balance a Tame[edit | edit source]
The balance of the Tame will/can change for its usecase. For MinMaxing the Stat allocation after taming will define its use.
- Farmer/Carry - Mostly skilled in Weight Stamina and Melee Damage.
- Tamer/Alpha Killer - Mostly skilled in Health, maybe Melee Damage.
- Explorer (Tame u take on journeys) - Health Stamina little Weight. Even Food is an Option here. Also Oxygen can be taken into equation.
Command a Tame[edit | edit source]
By holding e on a tame the radial menu will pop up, one of the options is the Behaviour:
- Stance, can also be whistled, recommended are:
- Neutral - The Tame will fight back, but will not start a fight/ looking to fight by itself.
- Passiv - The Tame will never atack, if it is attacked, it will die. Use this for stationary Tames in safe places. Birds are a prime example.
- Aggor Distance, depends but lowest prevent the Tame from moving to much out off place.
- Follow Distance - Depends, use lowest only to position passive Tames like Cows. Some Tames (looking at you Bear) tend to stick their nose in your ass, preventing you from moving atall. Recomended low.
Under the Options a tame can be
- Renamed at any time
- spayed - maybe usefull for Breeding
- Diable/Enable Ally Looking - Disable this to ease the walk around Tames, Bears especially will otherwise rubberband you when they move their head.
- Diable/Enable whistle all responsiveness - Recommended to disable for stationary NPCs / Birds. Disable if your mates tend to fat finger on whistles all.
- Enable Wandering - Enabled mostly for Breeding, otherwise let it disabled. But with alot of Bears /Bulls / cows it is possible to let them all wandering on an (small) island, they will take care of predators (May lose some to alphas tho).
- Move to Ship: DONT use it. Only if you have to. Many Tames fly to heaven because of it. Let them follow on ship and whistle stay when they are on it, may even ride them afterwards.
How to Keep Tames Safe (when offline)[edit | edit source]
People in ATLAS build Barns for their Tames. While comming around you will see alot of different setups and sizes. A Barn should help with:
- Keep Tames in place, so they dont move to far.
- Keep predators away, here especially alphas.
- Keep them all easy feed through a Feeding Trough.
caveats of a Barn setup:
- Depending on Barn setup, patchversion, species. Tames tend to "fall" trough/in a ceiling /foundation, during Server restart and/or wakeup from stasis (server/island that is).
- to free a fall through Giraffe, u can start do demolish the whole damn Barn. Or navigate a ship nearby and use move to option.
- Building just below water level over the water can kill (drown) fall through Tames.
- Building even bigger for more protection seems to worsen the fall trough problem.
The Barnsetup also depends on neccessary size and predators on the island. For just stationary Cows and Birds for example, on an island with only Cobras, Rattlesnakes and Spiders. It is enough to build a 2 high pillar with 3 by 3 ceilings on it. Having a temporary roof ramp to transfer the cows. Use ladders afterwards.
Transport Tames[edit | edit source]
Getting Tames to another island is a common task in ATLAS, but it is also a steady source of lost Tames. In EA many things change and so transport is often effected by this. Here are some bulletpoint to help avoid losing Tames on sea.
- After every server crossing check for missing Tames
- After aggroing, especially after taking hits from a Ship of the Damned, check for missing Tames. When a Tame is not on neutral setting, the Tame may gone to attack the SotD :).
- Dont use Move to Ship if not neccessary, Tame can get killed by this
- Dont overbuild a Ship which shell transport Tames, it should have a clean top deck.
Claim a (another persons) Tame[edit | edit source]
An neglected Tame will become claimable after about 8 RL days, if it survive that long. It can be claimed by the finder e.
Free a Tame from a Stucked Situation[edit | edit source]
There are some terains in which a Tame can get stuck, i will not be possible to ride it out. Here are some tips to deal with it:
- If it is near the ocean, navigate a ship nearby and try to move on Ship using e.
- Whistle follow, move away from Tame in different directions, play with follow distance setup, lowest tend to help the most.
Undermeshing[edit | edit source]
Tames as wild animals can undermesh. That means they are trapped under the surface. Nothing else then f to do here (?)