The Player Shop is a structure that can be used to sell items passively to other players.
- Player Shops are a free-standing structure that doesn't need to be "snapped" to anything. There is a limit of 40 player shops allowed within an "Area" (I assume this is an island) and they have a total of 70 Inventory Slots. Player Shops in a Freeport have an upkeep cost that they need to maintain with gold, however, Player Shops on a Settlement have NO Upkeep requirement as far as my testing proved.
- After the Player Shop is built you can use the e wheel menu to change the name of the shop and the text of the sign overhead, the name of the shop is reported in the Company Log when it makes a sale and the overhead sign is simply a cosmetic advertisement. To use the shop simply place the items within it that you wish to sell, then right-click the item and there should be a menu option to set a Gold Price or set the Gold Price the same as the last item you priced.
- The Gold Price that is set by the shop owner is the price for the whole stack of items. As a buyer you are given the option to buy the whole stack for that amount, or buy individual at a price that is auto calculated by taking the total stack cost and dividing by the amount in the stack and rounding up to the nearest gold piece.
- NOTE: PvE Players be aware that the Player Shop must be set to "Unlocked" so other non-Company players can access the shop's inventory and make purchases. Unlocking does NOT open the shop up for stealing, it simply allows others to access/view its inventory and the removal of any of the items still requires it's purchase.
- Only the Company Owner can remove items that have no Gold price or the Gold itself within the Player Shop, so I don't think you can use the shop to 'donate' stuff by marking it with a price of 0G, but I didn't test so I can't be certain.
- Player Shops only cost upkeep on Non-Lawless PvE-style Homeservers. (Technically in Official PvP too, but only on the non-lawless home servers that are effectively PvE regions)
- Servers can use this server config value to scale the player shop upkeep:
- Default value is 0.08, for a 92% reduction from the previous rate.
- Player Shops are now limited to 70 slots
- New Item: "Player Shops". Players can set up automated shops, listing loot for sale and naming their own gold coin prices.