As part of the Unified Community Platform project, this wiki and 38 others will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Minimal changes are expected as part of this migration. Read more here.
|This article is a work-in-progress.|
The content and format of this page may change drastically over the next few hours or days.
Getting Started[edit | edit source]
- To get started, you need to collect resources to survive. You'll need them to build tools, structures, and sailing vessels.
- You can collect basic resources by hand like Wood and Thatch by punching trees, pick up rocks from the ground by pressing e to collect stone, and collect Fiber by picking bushes by pressing e.
Basic Tools[edit | edit source]
As you level up, it is recommended that you spend a few skill points in the Survivalism skill tree to unlock some basic tool blueprints:
- You need to spend some skill points on the The Basics to unlock the blueprints to be able to craft some basic stone tools.
- The Stone Pick is better for harvesting Flint and Animal Meat from animal corpses, but also will harvest more Thatch than Wood when using them on trees.
- The Stone Hatchet is better for harvesting Wood and Hide from animal corpses.
- The Torch can be used as a basic weapon and will light your way at night.
- After killing an animal you can hit the corpse with the Stone Pick to get some Animal Meat or you can hunt fish in the ocean or ponds, (after killing the fish you can drag it back to the shore by pressing e to grab it, and again to drop it).
- Note that many resources can fill as substitutes for resource types (ex: cotton or jute are also considered a fiber resource).
- Holding h while looking at a resource will show a HUD of what resources come from that resource node.
Beyond the basics[edit | edit source]
- To gather be able to hunt animals more efficiently and defend yourself, you can unlock the Tools Of The Trade skill which gives you access to the Spear.
- Add some Skill points in the Archery Unlock to craft the Bow and Stone Arrow to attack some Creatures at range.
Tamed Animals[edit | edit source]
- If you have tamed an animal, you can also harvest meat and other resources by attacking other animals, but you will need to keep a store of food in the creature's inventory to restore its stamina and health.
- You can move the Animal Meat or food item into the inventory of your tamed creature with f.