|A lot of mystery surrounds the principal inventor of the Glider Suit. While there is no direct line back to whomever created it, the original blueprint is stamp-marked with the initials "V. T."|
It's said that a reward exists for anyone who learns their real name.
Overview[edit | edit source]
As the name suggests, the Glider Suit enables the wearer to glide through the air. It can be very useful for traveling from ship to ship on the open ocean or for a speedy return from a mountain top.
Usage[edit | edit source]
To use the glider suit, place it in one of your hotbar slots. Climb to a high vantage point and jump off. A moment later, Jump again to activate glide mode.
- Gliding is quite fast.
- Descent is also quite fast.
- If you look too far upwards, you will stall the glider and plummet like a rock.
- Hold ⇧ Shift and *Forward* to gain altitude and reduce speed.
- Press double space on the ground to get a higher jump into a random direction, followed by a nosedive. This sometimes helps to get out if your stuck.
Tutorial[edit | edit source]
Novice gliders should start by running along a beach and tapping Jump twice. You will get a few seconds in the air, then be back safely on the ground. Once you're comfortable with that action, try jumping from the crows nest on top of your ship's mast. Jump in the direction of the water as you're likely to make mistakes and hitting the ground can be a painful learning experience. Once you've successfully glided into the water a few times, aim for the beach. Once you're comfortable landing on the beach, you're ready to tackle all the world has to offer.
Patch Updates[edit | edit source]
- Per patch v315.18 - Prevented grenades from being thrown when a glider is equipped
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The image below depicts a wayfarer wearing a glider suit.