ATLAS Wiki talk:Admin noticeboard
- 1 Missing Article Link Color
- 2 Ark item templates
- 3 Atlas item pictures
- 4 More Quicklinks
- 5 Translations
- 6 Suggestion for Region Page Layout
- 7 WIP template, Armor stats for the infobox, Armor piece names
- 8 Reserve Recipes page for cooking recipes
- 9 Requesting Permission for subsection "Submarine"
- 10 Item Gallery Images
Missing Article Link Color[edit source]
- Sorry about that. I've gone through a couple variations trying to find a shade of red that is legible. I thought at first this one would be good, but I'm starting to find it less so. I'll poke around for a better one.
--Mr Pie 5 (talk) 21:45, 23 December 2018 (UTC)
Ark item templates[edit source]
I would love to clone the ark item templates. I tried, but ended up in a missing permission issue. https://atlas.gamepedia.com/Template:Infobox_crafting_section Try the "Create data table" link. Any idea how to add the data otherwise? I am pretty new to the templating engine though.
- Yeah, I saw you copying over a few of those. I'm working to clean them up, both in terms of stuff we don't need and in terms of good practices, before deploying them. Mr Pie 5 (talk) 22:25, 23 December 2018 (UTC)
Atlas item pictures[edit source]
I would love to put the pictures in here. But i end up in either just finding a pretty bad press kit or missing an idea how to extract the game icons from the game. Any idea how? https://www.igdb.com/games/atlas/presskit#images
- I haven't gotten into icon extraction for atlas myself yet, but umodel worked for Ark, and I'm assuming it will work here.
--Mr Pie 5 (talk) 22:26, 23 December 2018 (UTC)
- You create a page and put the ending of the countrycode. I am not sure how the direct translation works, but you can check for this page as a little example I found at the Wiki. https://atlas.gamepedia.com/Drake/ru . Check the gamepedia page for more help as a rough guide :) https://help.gamepedia.com/Translation_guidelines . I am interested in if there is an semi automated way to translate :) Dodoman1000 (talk) 17:42, 4 January 2019 (UTC)
Suggestion for Region Page Layout[edit source]
Initially posted this is on the community talk page before realizing this was probably the better spot. Sorry! :)
I feel like the current layout of the region pages should be redone so that the information people would most likely need from the page is listed clearly. For example, not all islands in each region have the same resources and creatures on them, and more often now I'm seeing people ask which island has a particular thing because of that. It would save visitors extra clicks if each island in the region had this listed on the region page as opposed to people having to go to each island's individual page to find out. If its a matter of too much work filling in the same information over and over again, a template could be easily made (I was was already working on one before the layout swapped) so that people editing the page could just type "X" next to the name of the animal on that island, and the info table would be transcluded. Also, not all discoveries in a region are islands but the current layout seems to treat them as such. Since more discoveries mean more levels after the soft cap, I'd say this will become much needed info in the future. I was working on an idea (seen in the history of "K8" here: Special:PermanentLink/11032) where discoveries are listed in a table at the top of the page in order of their appearance on the in-game menu (leaving unknown ones as "???" so it ideally incentivizes people to fill it in), as well as where they can be found. I'd be happy to put that wildlife template together again and help however I can if this suggestion works. DevlinOnline (talk) 09:47, 7 January 2019 (UTC)
WIP template, Armor stats for the infobox, Armor piece names[edit source]
1. The template "wip" doesn't seem to exist. I don't know how to create it, or if I even have those perms.
2. I'd like to update the armor piece pages with info on the various properties (insulation, armour value, etc.) however I'm not sure if the infobox supports it. Where can I find info on the infobox template? If it doesn't already have fields for hypothermic, hyperthemic and armour value, and I can't edit the template myself, would someone please add them? Alternatively, we could just forego separate pages, have everything redirect to the Armor page and put all the info there in tables.
3. The navbar features hat/shirt/gloves/pants/boots for all armour types, however a few have different in-game names. I also note that Fur Chestpiece is flagged for deletion but that's actually the IGN. I suggest leaving the navbar with those simple names but having the info in pages using the actual IGNs and adding redirects for the simple names. In-game names are:
- Cloth - Hat, Shirt, Gloves, Pants, Boots
- Fur - Cap, Chestpiece, Gauntlets, Leggings, Boots
- Hide - Hat, Shirt, Gloves, Pants, Boots
- Plate - Helmet, Shirt, Gloves, Pants, Boots
Reserve Recipes page for cooking recipes[edit source]
May I suggest that we remove the armour-crafting etc. recipes from Recipes and leave that page just for the cooking?
Requesting Permission for subsection "Submarine"[edit source]
Requesting permission to create a new subsection on pre-existing page regarding the inclusion of the new ship type known as the "Submarine". For reference please see Community Transmission No. 22 of Atlas @ https://www.playatlas.com/
Page is identifying all content, including requests as /*Gibberish */
The ship class could easily be placed under the "ship" Category in the pre-existing page for ship types. All currently known data will be included, and then updated as the newest updates drop.
>>I am not a Admin, but i just did the page for the ship Submarine, you can edit it there (edit source) and compare to the other ships. You will find out how to link it to Ships when u edit source the ship page.Kummba12 (talk) 09:43, 5 March 2019 (UTC)
Item Gallery Images[edit source]
That would have been pretty neat to have! Resources really do differ in appearance quite a bit.
We've just got to make sure not to mess with the infobox images, as they are used for the ItemLink icons.Vemsvims (talk) 11:13, 19 April 2019 (UTC)